Make these pretty pink watermelon cupcakes which are perfect for summer parties! These cupcakes are soft, fluffy and delicious!
Watermelon cupcakes have been requested so many times on my YouTube channel, so I decided to make them! These were so delicious and I actually used a cake box mix, but if you looking to make it from scratch check out some of my vanilla cupcake recipe which would taste fantastic!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Watermelon Cupcakes Recipe:
- After frosting the cupcakes, you can add mini dark chocolate chips on the frosting to make it look like it has watermelon seeds.
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like the all-purpose flour, sift them carefully to avoid lumps in your cupcakes.
- If you want to make a cake using this watermelon cupcake recipe, just use a round or rectangular cake pan and bake it!
How to Make this Watermelon Cupcakes Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Watermelon Cupcakes and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- white cake mix
- watermelon juice
- egg whites
- butter, softened
- cream cheese, softened
- powdered sugar, sifted
Before you start mixing, preheat oven 350F and line cupcake pans.
In a large bowl, add watermelon juice to the mixed dry ingredients:
Next, add the egg whites:
After adding the egg whites, you will also add the oil and beat for 2 minutes:
After mixing the batter well, put three drops of food color and mix:
When you get the pinkish color that you want (which resembles the color of a watermelon), add in the black sprinkles to resemble the watermelon seeds. Mix well:
Add batter into cupcake pans 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes. After baking, the cupcakes should then look like these:
Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting it. So, while waiting for the cupcakes to cool down, it’s time to make the frosting 🙂
To make cream cheese frosting, in a large bowl add butter, cream cheese and beat. Slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time while mixing:
Gradually add green food coloring to the mixed frosting until you get a light green color and continue mixing:
Frost on top cooled cupcakes using your favorite icing tip:
There you have it, Simply Bakers! A super cute and easy to make Watermelon cupcakes perfect for summer parties!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Watermelon Cupcakes Recipe:
Q: Do these cupcakes taste like watermelon?
A: Yes, it tastes like watermelon because we used real watermelon juice in the batter.
Q: Why do you use only eggwhites for the watermelon cupcakes?
A: Using egg whites only in cakes and cupcakes make it fluffier and softer, as this cupcake texture calls for.
Q: What piping bag did you use to frost the cupcakes?
A: I used the regular round frosting tip and just swirled it on top of the cupcake.
Q: How long does the frosting hold its shape?
A: In colder areas, it can last up to a few hours. If you live in hot or humid areas, keep it in the chiller and take it out a few minutes before you serve it to avoid melting of the frosting
Other delicious cupcake recipes you can try:
- Easy Boston Cream Cupcakes
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Hamburger Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
Make these fun and easy watermelon cupcakes perfect for summer – pretty pink cupcakes with green buttercream frosting!
- white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cup watermelon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven 350F, line cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl, add watermelon juice, egg whites, oil and beat for 2 minutes. Add batter into cupcake pans 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes.
- To make cream cheese frosting, in a large bowl add butter, cream cheese and beat. Slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Frost on top cooled cupcakes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!