All the colors of Christmas are here in this cookie! A delicious, festive and easy to make Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies just right for Christmas parties. It’s so easy to mix and bake and most of the ingredients are present in your cupboard.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies Recipe:
- I like to scoop my cookie dough and freeze them for about 15 minutes before baking. This allows the butter to chill up that way when they bake, they don’t spread as much and you’re left with a thicker chewier cookie.
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like the cake mix, sift them carefully. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured, without the lumps.
- After baking your Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies, store them in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for several days.
- For a healthier cookie, you can add in flax seeds or chia seeds – they are loaded with vitamins and minerals and no one would know 😉
- If you love gift-giving, you can bake dozens and wrap them in decorative bags to give as gifts.
How to Make this Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- old fashioned rolled oats
- rice cereal
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
- Christmas sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350F before starting the mixing process.
In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugars until light and fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla extract until combined, set aside:
In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and rolled oats:
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined:
Then add the rice cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and sprinkles and mix:
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. After an hour of waiting, scoop the cookie dough onto a nonstick cookie sheet or a baking mat, like so and bake for 14-16 minutes:
Transfer to a cookie rack and allow it to cool for about 2 minutes before serving.
Doesn’t that look a lot like Christmas?!? I love these cookies, Simply Bakers!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can I freeze the dough of this cookie recipe?
A: Yes you can freeze the cookie dough. Just make sure to thaw it completely before baking them.
Q: How long is the shelf life of this cookie?
A: You can keep this in an airtight container for a week, but I am sure this would be eaten up within just a day 🙂
Q: Should I chill the dough before baking?
A: It is not a very strict rule but I just love chilling them and in that way, when they bake, they don’t spread as much and you’re left with a thicker chewier cookie.
Q: Would this work in a gluten-free flour?
A: Yes, I am sure it would be fine to use a gluten-free flour for this recipe.
Try more delicious cookie recipes:
Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies
- 1 ½ sticks butter 12 tablespoons, softened
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup rice cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugars until light and fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla extract until combined, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and rolled oats.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Then add the rice cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and sprinkles and mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Transfer to cookie rack and allow to cool for about 2 minutes. Serve
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!