These homemade Waffle Cones are a dessert in themselves or can be eaten with your favorite ice cream. They are perfect for holding large scoops of your favorite ice cream!
I’ve always wondered how to make waffle cones and boy it was worth making it. Homemade waffles are delicious and paired with sprinkles, it just puts the icing on the cake! I really had fun making these waffle cones, but my fingers were burnt by the time I was done making it, because the waffles are very hot when you take it out of the waffle maker.
I used a towel to help roll the cones into shape, but it wasn’t enough, in fact some of my viewers from YouTube mentioned, their fingers were burnt by the end of the day when they worked at a ice cream shop. Hope you enjoy making these waffles!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Waffle Cone Recipe:
- Do not forget to use a towel when rolling the waffle cone. The waffle is very hot from the waffle maker so to protect your hands from direct heat, a towel is a must.
- Work quickly when rolling the waffles to get the best cone shape. The waffle is easy to shape when the temperature is still high.
- Allow the waffle cones enough time to cool and harden. If you touch them too soon, they tend to get squeezed and be deformed.
How to Make this Waffle Cone Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Waffle Cone and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- butter, (½ cup)
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- white chocolate
- assorted sprinkles
In a large bowl add eggs and beat until well combined:
Slowly add sugar then add melted butter, vanilla extract, and mix:
Next add flour, baking soda, and mix with a spoon until well combined. Do not over mix:
The waffle cone batter should look like this. Make sure there are no flour lumps:
Place ¼ cup of batter in the center of the waffle maker:
Hold down for 20 seconds. Cook for 30 seconds to a minute or until brown:
Remove from waffle maker if the color looks like this – a pretty golden brown color:
Place on towel, and quickly work to roll into a cone using the cone roller:
When rolling, roll the towel together with the waffle:
Let sit for 30 seconds to harden:
Dip cone into the chocolate and wait 30 seconds:
Then dip into sprinkles:
Do the same with the waffle cone tip:
Dip the tip in colorful candy sprinkles, like so:
Tadaaaa! Your homemade is ready to serve!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Waffle Cone Recipe:
Q: How long should I wait for the waffle cones to harden?
A: The safest would be 30 minutes or more.
Q: How long is the shelf life of these waffle ice cream cones?
A: You can use this for the day or freeze it after placing it in an airtight container/
Q: How many waffle cones does this recipe make?
A: This recipe could make around four to six waffle cones.
Here are more waffle and 4th of July dessert recipes you can try:
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 stick melted butter (½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- white chocolate
- assorted springs
- In a large bowl add eggs and beat until well combined, slowly add sugar. Add melted butter, vanilla extract, and mix. Next add flour, baking soda, and mix with a spoon until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Place ¼ cup of batter in the center of the waffle maker and hold down for 20 seconds. Cook for 30 seconds to a minute or until brown. Remove from waffle maker and place on towel, and quickly work to roll into a cone using the cone roller. Let sit for 30 seconds to harden.
- Dip cone into chocolate, wait 30 seconds then dip into sprinkles.
- Ready to serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!